Tuesday, April 24, 2012

garden--mulching and pepper death

I just read in Walter Reeves's fine book on gardening that tomato seedlings should be mulched immediately upon planting, to avoid having fungus from the soil splash up and taint the leaves. I don't particularly know why I was waiting to mulch in the first place. Primarily laziness, I guess. The tomato plants are all properly mulched with cyprus.

Maia has planted rainbow carrot seeds in the second row (April 23).

The hot peppers--jalepeno and tequila sunrise--appear to be dead. It is possible that the jalepeno will come back, as what appears to be a smaller sprout has survived. I rotated my crops from last year and amended the soil, although it frankly doesn't look very healthy. Will check back tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment