Wednesday, May 16, 2012

garden update: fertilizing

Mortgage Lifters, finally lifting
I fertilized the tomato plants, eggplant, cucumbers, and herbs yesterday. I know I promised not to overfertilize the herbs, but I'm fairly well convinced that my 2-4-1 fertilizer is not going to strip the herbs dead. I did not put too much fertilizer on the herbs. I was much more generous with the tomato plants. In all, I used two gallons of diluted fertilizer, and at least 1 1/2 of that went on to the tomatoes and eggplant and cucumbers.

Juan Flamee looking butch
The sweet olive tomatoes are beginning to flower and fruit. In two weeks the plants have grown considerably and are looking healthy and strong.


Sunny Boy and Cherokee Purple

Da Row

Sweet Olive . . . first fruit of the season

No comments:

Post a Comment