Sunday, April 28, 2013

Garden plantings, 2013

The tomatoes are in! For reasons well beyond my control, I was unable to plant early this year, which had been my hope. It is my dream to have early June tomatoes, but alas, not this year.

This year I bought tomatoes from GardenHood, which stocked tomato seedings from a Decatur farm. I settled on the following:

Black Krim
Beefy Big Boy
Yellow BrandywineWhopper
Morado
Rose

In the front planter, I put in Black Cherry.

More on the

I am also adding a bed to the front, and I began with lemongrass. I will add creeping perennials next, and probably put one more row in behind it, hopefully stocked with radishes, carrots, lettuces, et al.

Tomatillos are the first plant in Maia's plot.

That's all for planting--technically done on Saturday, one day before this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment