Monday, June 17, 2013

Caring for the garden

The garden is on autopilot now. With the bee balm fully in bloom the bees are out in force. I presume they are pollinating everything.

The squash looks healthy, but I could have sworn we had a beautiful squash growing that appears to be gone now. That is weird. I would imagine that pests would eat it on the vine, leaving some behind. Or it could be that it stopped growing. Insufficient pollination? Insufficient flowering? That stupid bore beetle everyone keeps warning me about?

I fertilized yesterday. Used two gallons of Neptune's Own organic and fertilized all of the rows, the hydrangea and the petunias.

First cucumbers are in. I believe it was the Diva, but I have been too lazy to check and see whether it was the Jade or the Diva. Quite tasty. Made a salad with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment