Friday, June 28, 2013

Garden Update

The lettuce is bitter. It was bitter a good two weeks ago, sadly. Now it is inedible. I would say it has bolted, but it looks like it is bolting. Such is lettuce. I knew I planted too late, but did so anyway. It was good while it lasted. I'm considering letting it bolt and trying to collect and save seeds.

First tomato is in--a black cherry!

Peppers are gangbusters. I'll give them another three weeks before there are too many to count.

I've picked about five cucumbers. Excellent varietal choice this year.

Summer Squash #2. I picked the first ripe squash a week ago. Grilled and eaten. Delicious. More coming. So far, no vine borers...

Blueberries are trickling in too. My daughter happily shared the bounty with our neighbor's boy, who is only a couple of years younger than Maia. The bounty was only eight or so, but they both seemed to like it.

I haven't watered in well over two weeks. Summer rains have been prodigious.

Tomatoes abound!


No comments:

Post a Comment