Sunday, April 24, 2011

Tomatoes 2011

So I've planted six tomato plants, all seedlings from the Oakhurst Community Garden. The tomatoes go in the same spots as last year. For soil prep, I added Black Kow to the amended soil, which I mixed with some Georgia Clay. I've done nothing to prepare drainage in the plot, which is clearly an oversight on my part. But I didn't have any last year, and the soil seems to be doing okay. Until I raise beds, I'm not going to give it too much thought.

In the stone planter, street facing and left to right, I planted

Mortgage Lifters
Golden Nuggets
Oxheart Pink

UPDATE: two of three were seemingly ripped out. I believe the plants are now:

Tappy's Heritage
Cabernet
Oxheart Pink

In the Triangle Plot (front of Maia's window), house facing and left to right, I planted

Taxi Tomatoes
Amish Paste
Taxi Tomatoes

UPDATE: the last taxi did not come in. I believe I replaced it with a golden nugget, but am not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment