Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Simple Stuffed Jalepeno

The basic trick to stuffing jalapeños is to make the stuffing balance. Everything else is a cakewalk. Here was a recipe that really worked, and was pretty to boot.

For the stuffing:

cream cheese
creamy goat cheese
yellow onion, minced
parsley, finely chopped

The proportions were eyeballed, and it is usually best to start with the onion. Six jalapeños took about a quarter onion.

I cut the stems off the jalapeños, halved them and seeded them. I pulled out the membrane, but these peppers were mild enough that I didn't need to do so. I should try better to gauge heat before I do that in the future.

Then I spooned the mixture into the jalapeños halves, and loaded them onto a foil covered baking tray.

Baked at 350 for 16 minutes, broiled for 4 minutes to brown.

They could have been cooked less. These jalapeños are small, from the garden. They came out soft, and a few of them blew apart. Next time try either no broiling, or broiling for only 2 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment